Awards / Recognition
* Best paper award for the research paper titled 'Sustainable
agricultural production in Coastal Agro Ecosystem of A.P
through technology assessment and refinement' authored
by M.V.Prasad, et al in the National Conference on Coastal
Agricultural Research held during April 6-7, 2002 at Goa.
* Dr.P.Kalidas received professional Excellence award in recognition
of the services in Agriculture by Rotary Club of Eluru (RI Dist.3020)
for the year 2003-04.
* Dr.P.Kalidas got first prize for the work carried out in the NATP
project entitled 'Development of Integrated Pest Management
Technology for Palm Based Production System' in the National
Symposium on Enhancing Productivity and Sustainability in Coastal
Agro Ecosystem held by Office of AED, NATP (Coastal) at CTCRI,
Thiruvananthapuram during 9-11 June, 2004.
* Dr.P.K.Mandal bagged bronze medal in the long jump event at the
Sourth Zone ICAR Sports Meet held at NAARM, Hyderabad during
* Best poster award for the paper titled 'Oil Palm genetic resources
-Introduction,Utilization and Future Needs' by R.K.Mathur et al in
the International Symposium of Plant Introduction, Achievements
and Opportunities in South Asia conducted at NBPGR, New Delhi
during 15- 19, Feb, 2005.
* Best poster award was received for the paper 'Optimization of PCR
Reagents for amplification of micro-satellites in Oil Palm' by
M.Jayanthi, G.Sujatha and P.K.Mandal in the Second Indian
Horticulture Congress held in ICAR Complex for NE Region,
Barapani, Meghalaya during 18-21, April, 2007.
* Second best poster award was received for the contributory
article 'Influence of different growth media on growth of germinated
oil palm hybrid seeds' by P.Murugesan and G.Bijimol in the
National Conference on Oil Palm for Farmers Prosperity and
Edible Oil Security held at Vijayawada, A.P during 2-4 Feb, 2008.
* Dr.M.V.Prasad, Sr.Scientist received young scientist award from
Indian Society of Extension Education in recognition of outstanding
work done in the field of extension research and field extension
services. Award was recieved during the ISEE National Seminar
held at IVRI, Izatnagar, U.P during 29-30, December, 2009.
* Second best poster award was received for the research article
'Adoption of Oil Palm in Kari lands of Kerala under rainfed condition
- a case study' authored by Prasad M.V, Sunitha S and Kochu Babu M
in the ISEE National Seminar 'Enhancing Efficiency of Extension for
Sustainable Agriculture and Livestock Production' held at
IVRI,Izatnagar,U.P during 29-30, December, 2009
ICAR-Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research
Pedavegi, West Godavari Dt., Andhra Pradesh. 534 450.